Backup & Restore is a service of nine Managed GKE allowing for regular backups and recovery of cluster data and configuration.
Customers of nine Managed GKE need peace of mind that their cluster configuration and Persistant Volume Claim (PVC) data is backed up and can be made available when needed, for security and disaster recovery. Therefore nine regularly creates automated backups and on customer request engages in recovery and deployment of those backups (schedule and retention plan may be SLA dependent).
Non-Cluster Services (cloudSQL, Nine Managed, etc.) have their own backup plans which are not covered by this service.
Backup/Restore is available as standard with nine Managed GKE.
- Backups of data and configuration will be automatically be taken nightly
- Backups are retained for 30 days by defaults
- To request the restoration of a backup please email firstname.lastname@example.org
File Storage (NFS) PVC Restoration
When requesting a data restoration from an NFS PVC your entire NFS drive will be mounted to a new location. You will be given access to this backup via a pod. If it is important to your security implementation that if a disaster occurs only specific PVC’s data is exposed you will need to implement specific storage classes for these volumes. Please contact email@example.com to discuss this.
Restoring data from File or Block storage
Access to a backup can be requested as:
- A new PVC and mounted with a busybox container attached, to allow you to connect directly and copy your files, allowing you to then restore them to the production container.
- A new PVC. You can then reconfigure your application to connect to this PVC and copy files as appropriate
Backups of configuration will be provided as YAML files. You can restore these by using
kubectl to apply the configuration as normal or via your ci/cd pipelines.